Atopic dermatitis is a common skin disease, which is not easily treatable, it affects large amount of population throughout the world. It is also called eczema, dermatitis, or atopy. Most often it is termed as skin allergy or sensitivity, the atopic dermatitis include eczema, hay fever and asthma like things, it may be a hereditary disease too it shows severe itching and rashes on the body.
"Atopic" refers to diseases that are hereditary, tend to run in families, and often occur together. It causes redness, swelling, cracking, weeping, crusting, and scaling, it can occur in any age but mostly it effects the young and infants, It affects males and females equally and accounts for 10%-20 % of all referrals to dermatologists, it has been researched that around 70% of patients develop symptoms in the first year of life, and 90% develop symptoms before the age of 5, it is common in urban areas because of the extreme outside exposure of the people towards the sunlight. People with dry skin are mostly affected by this. In this diseases if any thing touches with the infected area, it itches a lot.
Causes Of Atopic Dermatitis :
1. The disease can cause due to two main factors: genetic (hereditary) and environmental factors.
2. Disease is associated with atopic disorders like hay fever (seasonal allergies) and asthma in many people.
3. Emotional disorders.
4. Itching all over body for a long time.
Symptoms Of Atopic Dermatitis :
1. Red skin.
4. Sensation of burning on skin.
5. Typical affected skin areas include the folds of the arms, the back of the knees, wrists, face, and hands.
6. Itching is also a main problem in this disease which usually occurs during sleep time, when conscious control of scratching reduces and the absence of the outside stimuli makes the itchiness more problematic and noticable.
7. Itching on pimples may worsen the condition towards atopic dermatitis.
Treatment Of Atopic Dermatitis :
1. The doctors and specialists suggests some sort of treatment plan which are usually based on the patient's age, his/her symptoms, and general health condition.
2. Lubricating the skin right after baths or showers may help.
3. Keep finger nails short, try to cut them after 8 days.
4. Choose soft clothes for babies specially.
5. Consider using antihistamines to decrease the scratching at night.
6. Phototherapy main also help getting at normal condition.
7. Using creams which kill bacteria like clear, gentacin and tracnesan, Giving moisture to body while atopic dermatitis can help in removing dryness from skin.