When there is not enough oxygen flow to a heart, its function begins to suffer, heart is a organ which is responsible for blood and oxygen supply to all over the body, when there is insufficient or no passage for oxygen to flow it. Block the oxygen supply completely, and the muscle of the heart starts to die this is termed as heart attack, it is very common worldwide.
Causes of heart attack:
1. Plaque may become a blokeage.
2. Plaque which is made up of cholesterol it can block veins with lots of calcium deposits.
3. Narrow arteries.
5. Too much smoking may block the arteries.
Risk factors involved in heart attack:
4. High blood pressure
5. High cholesterol
6. Cocaine use
7. Abnormal oxygenation
8. Severe angina
Sign and symptoms of heart attack:
1. Chest pain
2. Shortness of breath
4. Jaw chew
8. Pain in heart
9. Too much sweating
First Aid at home:
Immediately take an aspirin if you are concerned with any type of above symptoms or you experience heart attack.
Diagnosis of heart attack:
1. Medical history
2. Physical examinations
3. Diagnosis of cholesterol,smoking and diabetes.
important questions include:
1. When did the pain start?
2. What were you doing?
3. Did you have to stop?
4. Did the pain get better with rest?
5. Did the pain come back with activity?
6. Did the pain stay in your chest or did it move somewhere else, like the jaw, teeth, arm or back?
7. Did you get short of breath?
8. Did you become nauseous?
9. Were you sweating profusely?
Treatment of heart attack:
Treatment may involve weekly tests of blood pressure,blood and ecg.