Saturday, January 29, 2011


Cholesterol is one of the chemical compound, which is produced by the human body, it is an important component for the producing of bile acid, vitamin D etc. Cholesterol builds cell membranes and some hormones too, Around 78% of the cholesterol of the body is produced by the main part of human body which is Liver while the other 22% comes from the diet which we take.
Cholesterol is mostly found in the meat, fish, dairy products like butter and oil made products, if the level of cholesterol in human body increases from a certain limit than it is the major cause of heart diseases,

Levels For Cholesterol :

There are two main levels of cholesterol one is Low Density Lipoprotein and the other one is High Density Lipoprotein. In which LDL is considered as the "bad cholesterol", where as HDL is considered as "good cholesterol".

Cholesterol Testing :

It is advised that a person should check his/her cholesterol once in a year, the good cholesterol ranges from 120-200 mg/dl and if a person has level 240 mg/dl, then he/she is at severe risk of stroke or heart disease.

Precautions For Cholesterol :

The level of cholesterol must be retained and must be checked periodically from the laboratories, and regular exercise is needed to control it, the patients of heart much avoid it by regular exercise and eating food with less cholesterol.


  1. Thank you so much for giving the details of Cholesterol. Now by knowing the fact I can have a balanced diet.

  2. thank you so much for posting this, since read about cholesterol in NatGeo magazine, makes care more about my health, and this give me more knowledge, thx

  3. Cholesterol can take a course of complete cure. really it will be hurmful to health.we should be more careful about it

  4. Cholesterol can be defend with green vegetables.



Related Posts with Thumbnails